Saturday, September 03, 2005

Old memories...

It's funny how hearing old music you haven't heard in a while can
transport you back to another time in your life. For example,
"Immortality"-Pearl Jam: Vitalogy. Whenever I hear this song it
instantly reminds me how I felt @ the first time I listened to it. I
remember being in the army and in my barracks room and this song
bringing back feelings of the first time I heard Pearl Jam in college.
I was a freshman at M.S.U. when 10 came out. When I thought of that
it made me think about how I flunked out and it kinda depressed me,
but it was really a good song.

Then more recently there's the track "A Place For My Head", Linkin
Park, Live in Texas. It starts with Mike Shinoda warning people that
a 50 foot pit is developing and if they don't want to be in it, they
have seconds to get out. Every time I hear this it takes me back to
Philips Arena in Atlanta, to the floor, where our own pit formed and
the bravest I got was pushing people from the edge back in.

Then there's Jimmy Buffett's "Barefoot Children", this reminds me of
driving down to Dauphin Island, Alabama to go to the King Neptune Bar
and hear the original music of Buddy Allen. Buddy does some Jimmy
Buffett covers for the locals, but his music is just as good. He
actually bought me a few beers when I was home on leave one time.

....

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Assistance is streaming into hurricane-affected areas as volunteers...
We've been watching the coverage of Katrina's aftermath in the affected Gulf states, and we're not ... All across the Web, blogs and Web sites are assisting with the relief and aid mobilization.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a candle making instructions site. It pretty much covers candle making instructions related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

dc said...

thanks, I am going to write a good bit more in the near future. I checked out your site, nice.