I'm NOT getting homesick, I just thought I'd post some of the things I
miss from home, friend related.
I miss...
Mike coming by Bennett's about once a month to go have lunch.
Working @ prophecy when Clay and Joey had it and seeing Casey pull up
in his Z28 early and leaving late.
Being in the middle of a Halo 2 live session and having Travis pop in
unannounced, it was always a nice surprise.
Arnie swinging by the house after he got done playing softball and
talking for hours.
Getting Monday morning trash with Donny at Trinity and seeing him
actualy PICK Joey up over his head and pin him to the shop ceiling
(more than once!).
Hanging out at Triple W on sundays before everybody burnt out or went
pro, and the ride home at dusk on the rare low-humidity evening with
the red hot chili peppers blaring out the crx.
Seeing Wally come in the door of Bennett's with a shit-eatin' grin on
his face, only to have him lean over the counter with some
off-the-wall joke.
Hearing Robbie go "hm!!!!" after some idiot contractor asked him a
question that shouldn't have been asked, pretending to care and after
they leave, lookin over at me with a priceless "that was the world's
biggest dumbass" look on his face.
Hangin out at Robbies place after work on saturdays getting a little
tipsy, cooking out, and playing Halo multiplayer. (and the time vic
got engulfed in a fireball lighting the grill lol PRICELESS!!!!!)
Some of Nate's expressions at Mike's when somebody would have a brain
fart. also priceless.
Conversations with Mike.
Seeing all of my paintball friends in front and beside me flowing
like a John Williams Masterpiece that lasts less than a minute thirty.
People complimenting some of my better play (and knowing it was well
deserved, hey, I had my moments!).
My dad coming over every other Tuesday to go to lunch in Louisville.
Asking Doug if they had something we needed over at Trinity and him
going "I don't know" in a genuinely excited tone.
Hearing Joey yell, "COTTON!!!!"
Seeing Al give in-services at Trinity (it was like watching a stand
up comedian, he SO totally had fun with it)
Seeing Al's WTF?!?!?! face.
Answering question after question on Jeopardy at lunch in the shop at
Trinity and everybody looking at me in unison and hearing Al say in a
very nonchalant voice, "you're a wierd m-f er, you know that."
Hearing Donny sing "Happy People" every Friday at 2 while cruising
around Trinity in his green Z-71.
Thursday, December 01, 2005
some things I miss...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment